Hullachan Pro Irish Dancing Pumps have proved to be a best seller and popular with all irish dancers, especially Irish Dancing World Champions for many years now.
Hullachan pro now have elasticated side panels for an even better close fit around the heels and stitiching shape give pronounced arch.
Championship Irish dancers generally go down 1/2 to a full size – In our experience these pumps stretch a lot.
- Smooth heel for a perfect fit.
- Elasticised side panels for a close fit around the heels.
- A patented seam free front to stop friction damage to dancers toes.
- Flat stitch Construction.
- Poron padding at the toe and heel to protect your joints when dancing.
- Arch hugging profile.
- Strengthened arch panels.
- AftercareWhile a dancer’s shoes may not be the most sparkly or colourful part of their kit bag, it is arguably the most important part. It is the dancer’s connection to the floor and acts as a barrier to impact shock on joints and tendons.5 tips to extend the life of you Hullachans!
- Dry your shoes after useDid you know that your foot has 125,000 sweat glands? During a normal dance competition they can produce half a litre of perspiration. Never just put your shoes away after a competition and only see them again when you next dance. I recommend that you air and dry the shoes between uses. Hang the shoes in a warm area but not on a direct heat such as a radiator.
- Clean and feed the leather once a weekClean your shoes regularly with a damp cloth. Rub dry and then apply a shoe cream to feed the leather.
- Look after the stitchingTreat stitching with beeswax once a week. Run the corner of a beeswax stick over the stitching that is in contact with the ground. The shoes components are both stitched and glued so if stitching should wear away the glue will still hold the component onto the upper.
- Do minor repairs to increase the life of the shoeYou can extend the life of your Hullachans if you are willing to do minor repairs yourself. For example cracked poron pads can be replaced (it is normal for them to deteriorate over time) by a local shoe maker or craftsman. Simply remove the cracked pad and fix in new pads (available via Antonio Pacelli) with a contact adhesive. DO NOT USE SUPERGLUE as it will melt the pad!
- Alternative shoes between practice sessionsHaving two pairs of shoes can dramatically increase the life of each pair. Not only are you allowing each pair to completely dry out between uses, you are also allowing the leather to relax which can prevent overstretching.